WOW.... the school year started and I got sucked into that void!!! You know the one-- the back to school, busy as all get out, drowning in paperwork and always exhausted void. Well at least I hope I am not the only one.
I have just hit the progress reports are due time frame. Whew-- glad those are off my to do list.
TO DO LIST:
Prepare for Fall Harvest Week
At the end of October I celebrate more of a Fall Harvest rather than Halloween. We do many different activities during that week. Here are just a few:
- Leaf Rubbings
- Water Color Leaves
- Craft Projects
- Apple Prints
- Apple Taste Test
- Sink/Float with Fall Harvest Vegetables
- All About Me-- a book that is also comparing themselves with pumpkins (children move from group to group to complete their books)
* Measuring around pumpkin, measure around child's waist
* Weight- compare their weight to weight of pumpkin
- Estimate how many seeds inside pumpkin
- cut open pumpkin and explore insides
- discuss and label parts of pumpkin/sequence growth of pumpkin
- taste test different pumpkin items
- plant pumpkin seeds- observe growth in journal, discuss (Plant Unit)
What do you do?